Sep 16, 2019
Genevieve Piturro was a successful television marketing
executive until she dramatically changed the direction of her life.
She found her true purpose when a sudden voice inside her head
challenged her life as she knew it.
In 2001, she founded the hugely successful national non-profit,
Pajama Program, when a six-year-old girl’s question changed her
life forever and she jumped off the corporate ladder!
Almost twenty years later, Genevieve’s Pajama Program has
delivered 6 MILLION magical gifts of new pajamas
and new books to children throughout the US. Genevieve is now a
motivational speaker, consultant and is currently
writing, It’s Not About the Pajamas. She inspires
others to listen to their heart-voice connection in pursuing their
passions to achieve success.
Her interviews include TODAY, OPRAH, GMA, The Early
Show, CNN, Fox & Friends, O Magazine,
Forbes, and The Wall Street
Journal. Her entrepreneurial spirit was fueled by her
background in entertainment marketing and she lives in NY with her
husband, Demo DiMartile. For additional information, please
visit: www.GenevievePiturro.com .
In this podcast we talk about:
- What she wanted to be when she grew up.
- The impact that we have on people we don’t even see
- How things are never what they seem to be and how the questions
her interviewer asked her opened up something else.
- How opportunities happen and how doors open; the way
- The folly of pretending we are something we are not
- The rocking chair test
- The power of jumping first and figuring out how to swim later;
what part fear plays in it and wondering how long will this last
before it all crumbles
- The shoe box practice
- The moment to keep going vs. the moment to let something
- Is pain ok?
- The be your own best friend theory
- The 4 connections
- To get help, what we need to do
- How to grow your movement
- The intensity of what it takes to balance the call of your
movement and your day to day life
- How to just keep going when nothing seems to be working
- The miracle of how doing what you would never do and finding
the magic in the human connection that happens in the energy of
coming together and rallying together.
- When others were losing their funding, the power of the
connection that happens when we just walk through the doors that
open to us.
- The power of a great story that touches people
- The miracle of Oprah and the story of the little girl.
- The more we do, the more we realize how much more there is to
- The bottom line: has everything you’ve done changed anything?
The difference of one.
- If you heard this podcast and were moved by it, please reach
out to Genevieve and let her know what touched you.
- It isn’t about the pajamas. Listen to find out what it is all
To get in touch with me, Daniel Levin, please visit my