May 16, 2020
Dr. Adrienne MacIain is a professional storytelling coach,
brand aligner, podcaster, published
author, and content creator who
delights in using her PhD in Drama to help people spin the mucky
straw of life experience into narrative gold.
She is the creator and host of the That's Aloud podcast, where she
uses her unique story discernment process to help folks tell the
stories they're not telling.
Video game fans may recognize her as the voice of multiple
characters from the Nancy Drew HER Interactive series, Artemis from
Super Monday Night Combat, or Nina and Bonnibel from
West Africans may recognize her as the white girl in that Super Nigui Saff
clip. Others may know her as That Accent Lady from the YouTube
video. Live aligned, and live aloud!
to learn more about her, checkout her website:
or find all of her social media handles on her linktree
what you will hear on this podcast:
- how she brought out in me in her podcast the conversation I
have longed to have on many podcasts, and how thankful I am to her
for doing that. her podcast, That’s Aloud Podcast
- is it possible to know each other longer than we know each
- the story about she and her husband came together
- what happens in that pivot point where we see someone we have
seen before suddenly completely differently
- the power of story
- the availability of possibility – we are one piece away from an
entirely new reality
- holding onto what we have because we are too scared to let of
it so that something new can come in – what stories are you holding
onto . . .
- the experience of being seen
- seeing the person I wanted to be when I was with him and I
- the feeling of truly being loved
- the myriad of reasons we make up to stay where we are when
those reasons are not true
- our brief rant on health care and our exit out
- how she realized her purpose
- why it is so important to tell our story
- a story of abuse and the sad lesson she learned from it and how
telling the story frees her from it
- and we then unpacked it by going underneath even the story that
- why don’t people tell their stories ?
- seeing the meaning of the story for other people too
- how does story help brand alignment ?
- what is it in the corporate world that makes people scared to
tell their story
- why do we all grow up with fear of failure? how did that story
take hold? and walking back that story?
- what has she found that allows people to drop their walls and
tell their story without shame of being flawed?
- a vulnerable share
- a call to the community to help each other
to learn more about Danny, please go to:
you can get a copy of The Mosaic at:
or on amazon at: