Dec 26, 2019
I found Lorna Davis through listening to her
TedTalk. She is brilliant, funny and offers such a fresh
perspective on life.
i think you will find that same quality of fresh perspective in
our conversation together in this podcast. i certainly
Lorna Davis transforms the way leaders operate so that they can
incorporate social, environmental and financial priorities into
their business performance.
Lorna inspires, coaches and provokes leaders to use
business as a force for good. She runs group workshops, coaches
individuals and is a highly sought after keynote speaker. She also
serves on the board of a number of organizations that are committed
to having meaningful purpose.
Lorna is now based in New York City where she runs Lorna Davis
and Associates, working as a coach, speaker and facilitator.
She is a Global Ambassador for the B Corp movement. Lorna is
passionate about wildlife conservation, particularly the plight of
the African rhino.
Sit back and relax so that your mind and heart can absorb The
Experience of Being Human.
On this podcast you will hear:
- a conversation around different perspectives seeing the same
- the power of curiosity living in a constricted environment
- the practice of following threads
- instead of a plan, take the next step that appears to be
- go back to the last time you felt alive and connect to htat and
then take the next obvious step
- the importance of finding the connection to your own joy
- the most powerful object she owns is a snow globe. hear
- the settled mind vs. the thought storm
- the simplicity of just doing the obvious
- how we achieve settled mind
- the reward and pain of the hero mind
- the assumptions around if this happens, I will be safe.
- the power of just noticing
- the intrigue of the human condition
- anchoring ourselves in something that is in the present
- a short discussion on Ram Dass and his passing
- the illusion of being separate and the human condition
- the love of the attachment of being a human
- reflections back on seeing how what we were connects to the
what we are now
- listen to a story of perspective and how relative it is
- spend time with people living different lives than you
- the hangover experience
- just knowing whatever we are going through will pass brings
- the trap of waiting for it to come
- how afraid we are of pain
- the experience of being human
- the chemical impact of a thought is 90 seconds
- in conversation with others is often where we get most stuck.
watch the stories we say over and over again t the people we speak
to and see if you can change the way we tell those stories.
- we practice stories that we tell others that keep us stuck
- experience the way you are telling your stories to others
to learn more about Lorna Davis, please go to the following
listen to her
to learn more about Daniel Levin, please go to the following
to buy Danny’s book, The Mosaic, please go here: http://a.co/dvgsgG3